Sunday 3 January 2010

My first ever challenge!


Well Hello everyone and a Happy New Year to you all.

I am going to give it one last try this blogging and see what happens, New year, new start and all that,  you never know it might just not be for me! I want to thank my followers for sticking by my even though I hardly ever posted.

Anyway enough talking what I wanted to share with you is a challenge that Tracey told me about yesterday over on  In Love With Stamping. We had 4 different challenges to do, so here are the pictures of what I did. Hope you like them.

CHALLENGE 1: a sketch


I think this stamp is gorgeous but have not used it before now.

CHALLENGE 2: I want you to choose JUST ONE stamp set, ink and card stock and NO EMBELLIES.By that I mean no brads, no eyelets, no flowers, no ribbon, no buttons.You can use PunchesPiercing tools

This one was right up my street.

CHALLENGE 3: Is a COLOUR COMBO next and I am afraid you might not like me after this but I promise you is not that bad.
So I would like you to make a card/project using whatever embellishments/ stamp sets you wish as long as you stick to the following colours.
REGAL ROSE
CAMEO CORAL
PRETTY IN PINK
APRICOT APPEAL
OLD OLIVE
BASHFUL BLUE
You can add any NEUTRAL to this ie white, black, kraft, etc. plus YOU HAVE to use all those colours together

This one was hard as I only had 3 of the colours you had to use but they said I could use colours that were close to the required colours and that was a challenge in itself. I wasn`t sure what to do but they didn`t say I had to use alot of the colour itself!

CHALLENGE 4: This challenge is a bit of a combination challenge really.
The first part is masking, so make something that has some kind of masking element to it. And to give you an extra bit of a kick - try to "recycle" a regular household item into it somehow.
This can be clothes peg, safety pin, band-aid plaster, yoghurt cup, pringles container lid, fabric...... you get the idea

I just thought of the recycling bit and forgot the cardmaking! The hubby suggested a tin can and all I could think about was a pen holder.

Bye for now

Anne x

3 comments:

Delilah said...

Love it all! I especially love the dog stamp on the first card! Very cute!

Karen said...

WOW ! well done you. All are gorjus.

Happy New year and thank you for the lovely card.

Love Karen x

Lesley said...

fantastic and well done in taking part in the ILWS - I have tterrible trouble with it & haven't mastered logging in properl;y yet but glad youget on with it ok Fab card - don't leave blog land best wished for 2010 Lesley x